YouTube is a video hosting web site that will host up to HD quality videos up to 15 minutes in length, longer if you validate your account – and all for FREE. Once your video is uploaded to YouTube, you can easily share this content via your social media channels, attach video’s to your LinkedIn Profile, company pages etc. And easily embed your video’s on your websites. Moreover – viewers can easily share your video too.
Why host your videos on YouTube ? Well....
1. YouTube is the world's largest video sharing website (300 hours of video loaded every minute)
2. YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine.
3. YouTube is owned by Google
4. It’s FREE, and you get analytical data on views, demographics, sources etc
Why use Video for Business? Using video allows you to engage with clients allowing them to get to know you and your business. Using video turns a static website, or profile into a dynamic, multimedia presence. Video makes a viewer use more of their senses making your message more memorable. And right now it is unlikely your competitors will be using video – so you can grab competitive advantage.
If you’re Worried who would watch you video, here’s some tips
1. Introduce yourself and your business
2. Make your video informative, educational and engaging
3. DO NOT simply sell
4. Consider offering training or instruction / user guides
5. Close with a call to action and don’t forget Links to your web site
And finally – there are SEO benefits from using YouTube. You can add keyword ‘tags’ to your YouTube video, these tags are indexed by search engines, remember Google own YouTube, which greatly enhances the chances of your video being found, not forgetting to use those important links back to your web site.